Everything we said in the original article holds true--the only thing that's different is the size!
The only exception is that some manufacturers fit different sized televisions with panels from different sources. In that case, our comments are only valid for the panel that we originally tested. Contrast, black levels, colour handling and ghosting are all subject to change from one panel to another.
Manufacturers who do fit the same panel in all of the TVs in a range can expect the same results across the whole range. The only factor which could be prone to slight variation is the brightness, producing slightly different contrast. According to our own tests, and assurances from manufacturers, the results of one TV can accurately be applied to others in the range.
- Excellent picture quality in 2D and reasonable results in 3D
- High contrast ratio: 3700:1 in Custom mode with dynamic backlighting
- Very wide viewing angles: 4.2/5, almost as good as a plasma TV
- No problems with clouding or blooming
- Good quality audio and low energy consumption: 69 W
- Glossy screen picks up reflections
- Too much crosstalk in 3D
- Media player doesn't support enough video formats
The HX923 is quite simply perfect when showing 2D content, reproducing colours accurately with excellent contrast. In fact, it's almost as impressive as a plasma TV, with wide viewing angles and a nice even display thanks to its Full LED backlighting. It's a shame we can't say the same about 3D, where there's too much crosstalk. We're more than happy to stick with the incredible performance in 2D.