Everything we said in the original article holds true--the only thing that's different is the size!
The only exception is that some manufacturers fit different sized televisions with panels from different sources. In that case, our comments are only valid for the panel that we originally tested. Contrast, black levels, colour handling and ghosting are all subject to change from one panel to another.
Manufacturers who do fit the same panel in all of the TVs in a range can expect the same results across the whole range. The only factor which could be prone to slight variation is the brightness, producing slightly different contrast. According to our own tests, and assurances from manufacturers, the results of one TV can accurately be applied to others in the range.
- Great picture in 2D and 3D
- Excellent contrast ratio: over 5000:1
- Accurate colours: average deltaE of 2
- Virtually no crosstalk
- Very wide viewing angles
- Sound quality only just average
- Glossy screen picks up reflections
- High energy consumption: 216 W
- Design beginning to show its age
- Poor brightness levels in lighter scenes
Like the GT30 before it, the Panasonic ST30 television produces a great quality picture. It's a great choice for Home Cinema fans with a tight budget.