With plasma screens there's no risk of panel switching or technology swaps, as is sometimes the case with LCD TVs. Here, the screen panel is exactly the same as in the 42" model—LG has just used a bigger version. Plus, the increase in size has allowed LG to bring Full HD resolution to the 60" model while still using the same screen panel.
Please therefore refer to our review of the LG 42PA4500 for more information about this TV.
- Nice, deep black (0.07 cd/m²)
- Excellent responsiveness (8 ms on average)
- No clouding (light blotches in dark zones)
- Image isn't very bright (90 cd/m² on average)
- Some sharpness is lost in Full HD images
- Poor audio quality
- Relatively high power use
- Glossy screen prone to reflections and glare
If you're looking for a cheap TV, the LG PA6500 is no five-star show-stopper, but it has plenty of plus points thanks to plasma technology (deep blacks, responsiveness, wide viewing angles, no clouding, perfect display consistency).