Only change: the introduction of the double-sided feature
Hardware: You navigate the menus with buttons and arrows. Its 128 MB memory, enough to service a workgroup of twenty people, can be extended to a maximum of 640 MB. With Ethernet connectivity, it also supports PCL and PS print languages and can print double-sided, which is the least you'd expect from a pro printer.
Speeds: we were blown away! 43 pages per minute is one of the fastest tested here.
Quality: The quality of the black & white prints is very decent. For text alone, this printer does perfectly.
Cost per page: This is the other major plus on this machine, following print speeds. Cost per page varies from 2 pence to 0.9 pence depending on which size you go for. Note that 0.9 pence, thanks to the large format coupled with Dell's cartridge return program, is among the lowest we've measured.
- Cost per page: 0.9 pence with the high capacity "use and return" option
- Very rapid: 43 ppm
- Double-sided / Modular paper capacity
- Green mode: power consumption/paper set by default
- Windows, Mac and Linux compatible
- No Wi-Fi, colour, scanner nor copier
- Slow on start-up from off position
- High stand-by energy consumption: 11 W
While the quality of this printer leaves nothing to be desired, it's above all a very rapid worker, with a truly low cost per page. It is however restricted in terms of connectivity and standby power consumption is high.