If its weight (155 grams) and size make the Pocket an ultra-mobile reader, we prefer the 6-inch for reading comfort and handling. The 6-inch also has a very mobile friendly design.
- Design / Slimline / Quality finish
- High quality screen / Comfortable reading even in full sunlight
- Good battery life
- Interface is simple to use
- More contrasted and responsive screen
- Screen too small for prolonged reading
- No wireless connectivity: you need to download your e-books onto a computer first
- No mains charger, just the proprietary Sony cable
The pocket verson of the Reader is certainly practical but less adapted to prolonged reading than the PRS-650. Like the 650, the Pocket has no wireless connectivity for downloads while you're on the road. Disappointing.