This slight difference in speed pushes up performances a bit, as the i72700K as around 2% more powerful on average than the i7 2600K. That moves it even further ahead of the AMD FX 8150 which is 13% less powerful.
More information about Intel's four-core Core i7 2000K processors can be found in our review of the Intel Core i7 2600K, including explanations of Turbo mode and Hyper-Threading. It also features an overview of the integrated graphics chip.
|Power Use||Performance: Applications||Performance: Games|
View Performance Index Table
- Performance with applications
- Performance with games
- Turbo mode and Hyper-Threading
- Reasonable power consumption
- Integrated graphics chip can improve video decoding/encoding and support 3D Blu-ray content
- Integrated graphics chip doesn't support DirectX 11, which would have improved the bitrate in some games.
Intel's latest generation of CPUs effectively picks up where the last one left off. Performance has been ratcheted up a notch and power consumption has been pushed down. This all-rounder is a real success.