Apple's new wireless printing technology, available in iOS 4.2, promises to put printed documents at your fingertips.
Airprint allows iPad, iPhone or iPod touch users to print photos and documents directly from their device on a wireless printer. The system detects printers available on your WiFi network automatically.
Following a partnership with HP, part of its new range is now compatible with the new technology. If you already have an older HP printer, you can use ePrint instead.
Airprint works with Safari, e-mails, photos, the iWork suite and PDFs, and third party app developers can also include printing.
AirPrint Compatible PrintersAlthough Apple has provided the following list of eleven compatible printers, the technology is only available on six of them for the time being. For the five LaserJet Pro models, you'll have to wait for a firmware update at the end of December.
- HP Envy eAll-in-One series (D410a)
- HP Photosmart Plus e-AiO (B210a)
- HP Photosmart Premium e-AiO (C310a)
- HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-AiO (C410a)
- HP Photosmart e-AiO (D110)
- HP Photosmart eStation (C510)
- HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf
- HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fn Colour
- HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw Colour
- HP LaserJet Pro CP1525n Colour
- HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw Colour
For the moment, HP is the only printer manufacturer to partner with Apple's Airprint scheme.
> Reviews: Multifunction Printers
> Laser Printer Reviews